“LONG LIVE MENTJOS” tribute by fufufu…
Mentjos was an old bicycle store, established in 1979 and led by Mamad a.k.a Koh Akyun in these pas few years. They sell various bicycles and parts.
Featured in Jakartarck, the shop itself have a lot of contribution in early FG scene in Jakarta. The only store in Jakarta we know, open from 6.00 PM until 3.00 AM in the morning, and in such a late time, you can see the line up of customer building at their door. Mostly building a fixed gear as we know.
3 months ago we received a news that the store was closed down, rarely seen open. We try to contact the owner, but no result. And just a week ago, a close friend of mine and one of a distributor for the shop, confirmed the story.
It was a sad day for most of us that have been to the store, aside from the friendly owner, his skilled mechanic, and sometimes finding “out of nowhere” rare parts, we were sad about the end of the “30 years old bike store” legacy.
Long Live Mentjos!
12 Notes/ Hide
- widhiwahid reblogged this from streetsquadjkt
- zapperflash reblogged this from streetsquadjkt
- glmride reblogged this from allride
- streetsquadjkt reblogged this from allride
- donninosehole likes this
- adjitridika reblogged this from adiettfufufu
- medanfixedstore reblogged this from adiettfufufu
- hasanundhusen reblogged this from allride
- adiettfufufu reblogged this from allride
- adiettfufufu likes this
- 360bikeco reblogged this from allride
- allride posted this